You’ve considered parenting, but you aren’t sure if you are ready. Perhaps you’ve even considered abortion, because you just need to find a way out of your current predicament. And now you are considering your third option, adoption, but you are wondering how you could go on with your life when someone else is raising your child.
This is a completely natural and normal way to feel. And while this is likely the most difficult decision you will ever make, it can also be your best.
Choosing adoption over parenting means you simply aren’t ready at this stage in your life to become a mother and realize there are couples out there who are ready to become parents. Choosing adoption over abortion means you want to see your child alive and happen, even if that means with another family.
So, why choose adoption?
- Because your child will live a happy, healthy, fulfilling life.
- Because you can still be as much a part of your child’s life as you wish.
- Because you will give a couple suffering from infertility life’s most precious gift.
- Because you will receive emotional and financial support throughout this process.
- Because you want your child to grow up in a two-parent home.
- Because you have other goals you want to accomplish before focusing on parenting.
- Because many women who choose adoption point to this time in their lives when things started looking up.
Please read our supporting articles to learn more about why adoption is a viable choice for an unplanned pregnancy.