Adoption in Massachusetts
Facing an Unplanned Pregnancy in Massachusetts [Get the Help You Need]
Facing an unplanned pregnancy in Massachusetts can be difficult to deal with on your own, especially if you don’t know all your pregnancy options. You can contact an unplanned pregnancy hotline at any time to speak with an unplanned pregnancy counselor.
This article will answer some of your questions and concerns about facing an unplanned pregnancy in Massachusetts.
You have three pregnancy options:
Unplanned and unwanted pregnancy may be more common than you think. Nearly half of all pregnancies in the U.S. are unplanned, which means that you are not alone.
I’m Pregnant. What are My Options in Massachusetts?
You have three options for your unplanned pregnancy:
- Raising your child through parenting
- Placing your child for adoption
- Terminating your pregnancy through abortion
It is important to consider information about each unplanned pregnancy option to help you make an informed decision.
Let’s take a closer look at the details of each of your pregnancy options.
Choosing Parenting for Your Unplanned Pregnancy in Massachusetts
If you knew that you wanted children at some point in your life, facing an unplanned pregnancy could give you the opportunity to raise your child, even if it’s sooner than you had hoped.
Parenting requires you to give your child:
- Time for social development and building relationships
- Attention to their emotional and educational needs
- Resources — food, clothing and shelter — for healthy growth and development
There are unplanned pregnancy services in Massachusetts that can help you make a plan to raise your child. These services include things like:
- Help reviewing your financial situation
- Assistance with your housing stability
- Offering parenting counseling to help you make sure you’re ready to raise a child
Still, parenting is not for everyone. Here’s why:
- Not having parenting support from family, friends or your baby’s father can make things more difficult.
- Single parenting can be a struggle for you and your child.
- If you already have children, you may know that adding another child to your family would be impossible.
- Even though you can choose parenting at any time during your pregnancy, you don’t have to.
Choosing Adoption for Your Unplanned Pregnancy in Massachusetts
You don’t have to raise your child when you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy.
Consider the following reasons that adoption could be your best unplanned pregnancy option in Massachusetts:
- There are hundreds of waiting families who want to start or grow their family by adopting a child.
- Adoption is available to you at any time during your pregnancy.
- When you choose adoption, you get to choose the parents that you want to adopt your child.
- If you are experiencing an unplanned pregnancy in Massachusetts — no matter what your circumstances are — adoption is an option for you.
A few of the reasons that prospective birth parents choose adoption are:
- Financial instability
- Not wanting to be a parent
- Already having a complete family
- May be too young or too old to raise a child
- Want their child to have two parents
Adoption agencies and adoption professionals can help you begin your adoption process for your unplanned pregnancy.
If you’d like to get connected with an adoption agency for unplanned pregnancy help today, you can contact us online.
Choosing Abortion for Your Unplanned Pregnancy in Massachusetts
Abortion is the only option that allows you not to carry your unplanned pregnancy to term.
Here are four things to consider about abortion:
- Abortion is only available to you early when you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Each state has its own abortion laws, and Massachusetts bans abortion at 24 weeks post-implantation.
- There is a cost associated with abortion that is not generally covered by health insurance.
- If you are a minor under the age of 18, Massachusetts requires parental consent.
This is just a basic overview of your three pregnancy options in Massachusetts. For more information, you can contact an unplanned pregnancy hotline to speak with an unplanned pregnancy counselor.
What To Do When You Have Unplanned Pregnancy in Massachusetts
Along with your three options for unplanned pregnancy in Massachusetts, there are also three things you can consider doing when facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Find an adoption support group
- Get unplanned pregnancy services that you need
- Choose an unplanned pregnancy option — parenting, adoption or abortion
There are no right or wrong answers for what to do when you have unplanned pregnancy in Massachusetts. You choose the options that are best for you.
Find an Unplanned Pregnancy Support Group or Create Your Own
Unplanned pregnancy support groups can be found at the following locations:
- Pregnancy centers
- Religious centers
- Adoption agencies
- Abortion clinics
- Online Forums
Many of the women and couples in unplanned pregnancy support groups are like you, needing support to make the right unplanned pregnancy decision.
Get the Unplanned Pregnancy Services in Massachusetts That You Need
Even if you have not made a decision about your unplanned pregnancy, you can get access to services to help you meet your needs.
Here are a few examples of unplanned pregnancy services that you may need:
- You can find prenatal and maternity healthcare — you can get help applying for Medicaid
- Maternity homes can be a good place to start for unstable housing or homelessness while facing unplanned pregnancy in Massachusetts.
- You can contact your local Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program to get help with low-income and nutritional needs.
Choose the Unplanned Pregnancy Option in Massachusetts That is Best for You
Take the time that you need to decide if parenting, adoption or abortion is right for you.
Here are three steps that you can take today toward making your unplanned pregnancy decision:
Step 1: Don’t be afraid to ask for help — unplanned pregnancy counseling is private and confidential.
Step 2: Get the unplanned pregnancy support and information that you need.
Step 3: Make your unplanned pregnancy decision — you will be OK.
Once your decision is made, you can take action for your unplanned pregnancy in Massachusetts and move toward your best possible future.
There are many resources for unplanned pregnancy in Massachusetts. Keep reading to find out where and how to get what you need when facing an unplanned pregnancy.
Unplanned Pregnancy Resources in Massachusetts
Massachusetts offers many need-based programs and services that can help you in your unplanned pregnancy situation.
Here is a list of specific programs that you can apply for through the Massachusetts Virtual Gateway:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Programs (SNAP/Food Stamps)
- Emergency Housing Assistance Programs
- Rental Assistance Programs
- MassHealth, Health Safety Net and Children’s Medical Security Plan
These are suggestions on good places to start when you need unplanned pregnancy resources while making your decision about your pregnancy options in Massachusetts.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about your unplanned pregnancy:
- You don’t have to keep quiet or keep your unplanned pregnancy a secret.
- Reach out to a trusted professional, like your doctor or counselor to get you on the right path to an unplanned pregnancy decision.
Get helpful support, guidance and advice when you contact us online to be connected with a fully licensed adoption agency that can help you navigate this challenging decision.
Ready to get started? Contact an adoption agency now to get free information.