Adoption in Wisconsin
Get Unplanned Pregnancy Help in Wisconsin Today [Know Your Pregnancy Options]
An unplanned pregnancy in Wisconsin is a life-altering event. You can get unplanned pregnancy help at any point during your pregnancy. Many women, like you, feel overwhelmed and afraid because they don’t know how to deal with this unexpected news or who they should talk to first. But help is always available and it’s within reach.
If you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy in Wisconsin, you have three pregnancy options:
Contacting an unplanned pregnancy helpline can help you make the best decision for you and your baby. You can also contact us online to be connected with an adoption professional who will answer all your questions about your unplanned pregnancy options.
Until then, you can get answers to some of your questions and concerns about facing an unplanned pregnancy in Wisconsin here in this article.
I’m Pregnant. What are My Options in Wisconsin?
When you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy, you can choose to raise your child, place your child for adoption or terminate your pregnancy.
Continue reading to learn important information about each unplanned pregnancy option to help you make an informed decision.
Choosing Parenting for Your Unplanned Pregnancy in Wisconsin
Facing an unplanned pregnancy in Wisonsin could give you the opportunity to become a parent. Parenting requires you to give your child time, attention and resources they need for healthy growth and development.
If you choose to raise your child as a single parent, there are unplanned pregnancy services that can help you make a plan to raise your child.
These services include things like:
- A review of your finances
- Assistance with stable housing
- Counseling to help you prepare to raise your child
You can choose parenting at any time during your unplanned pregnancy in Wisconsin, but know that you don’t have to. If you already have children, then you can realistically determine whether you’re ready to raise another child. One of the biggest challenges of finding out that you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy is when you already know that you’re not ready to raise a child. Even with help and support, parenting is not for everyone.
Choosing Adoption for Your Unplanned Pregnancy in Wisconsin
Adoption is an unplanned pregnancy option that is always available to you, no matter what your circumstances are. For prospective birth parents adoption is completely free in Wisconsin and across the U.S. There are hundreds of waiting families who want to start or grow their family by adopting a child.
What does this mean for you? This means that there are plenty of opportunities to find the perfect adoptive couple who can provide a safe, stable environment for your baby. If you are experiencing an unplanned pregnancy in Wisconsin, the perfect adoptive parents are waiting to bring your child into their loving family.
A few of the reasons that prospective birth parents choose adoption are:
- Financial instability
- Already having a complete family
- Not wanting to be parents right now
- Want to avoid becoming a single parent
- Lack of support from family and the baby’s father
Choosing Abortion for Your Unplanned Pregnancy in Wisconsin
If you don’t want to physically be pregnant, abortion is the only option that allows you not to carry your unplanned pregnancy to term.
Here are three important things to know about choosing abortion for your unplanned pregnancy in Wisconsin:
- Terminating the pregnancy through abortion is only available to you early when you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy, and Wisconsin bans abortion at 20 weeks post-fertilization.
- There is a cost associated with abortion that is not generally covered by health insurance. If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and you’re considering abortion, the cost is less expensive than raising a child, but it can still be hundreds or thousands of dollars.
- Considering your values and beliefs about terminating your unplanned pregnancy can help you avoid the loss and grief that may come with abortion.
For more information, you can contact an unplanned pregnancy hotline to speak with an unplanned pregnancy counselor.
What To Do When You Have Unplanned Pregnancy in Wisconsin
There are three things you can consider doing when facing an unplanned pregnancy along with your three options for unplanned pregnancy in Wisconsin.
- Find an unplanned pregnancy support group or create your own.
- Get the unplanned pregnancy services that you need.
- Choose the unplanned pregnancy option that is best for you.
You can find unplanned pregnancy support groups in the following locations:
- Pregnancy centers
- Religious centers
- Adoption agencies
- Abortion clinics
Even if you have not made a decision about your unplanned pregnancy, you can get access to services to help you with financial instability, housing and other needs that you may have.
Here are a few examples of where to find help for healthcare, food, and shelter:
- Applying for Medicaid in Wisconsin can help you with prenatal and maternity medical expenses when you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy with little or no health insurance.
- Maternity homes can be a good place to start for unplanned pregnancy if you have unstable housing or if you are homeless and facing unplanned pregnancy in Wisconsin. For immediate housing assistance, contact your local women’s shelter.
- You can contact your local Women, Infants and Children (WIC) location to get help with low-income nutritional needs for unplanned pregnancy.
There is no right or wrong answer for what to do when you have unplanned pregnancy in Wisconsin. Take the time that you need to decide if parenting, adoption or abortion is right for you. Don’t be afraid to ask for help because you deserve to get information and support, and unplanned pregnancy counseling is always private and confidential.
Keep reading to find out where and how to get resources for unplanned pregnancy in Wisconsin.
Unplanned Pregnancy Resources in Wisconsin
Wisconsin offers need-based state programs and services that can help you in your unplanned pregnancy situation. You can visit ACCESS Wisconsin to apply for Wisconsin benefits and programs.
Here is a list of specific programs that you can apply for in Wisconsin:
- Emergency Assistance in Wisconsin
- Employment Services for Parents in Wisconsin
- Medicaid in Wisconsin for your healthcare needs
- Foodshare Wisconsin to get nutritious and healthy food on a limited income
If you haven’t decided to choose parenting, adoption or abortion for your unplanned pregnancy, these are suggestions on good places to start when you need unplanned pregnancy resources. Organizations like the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families and Wisconsin Department of Health Services were established to help pregnant women, children and families in need.
Reaching out to a trusted professional, like your doctor or counselor, can also get you on the right path to getting help with making an unplanned pregnancy decision. There is also support, guidance and advice available to you when you contact us online. You will be connected with a fully licensed adoption agency that can help you navigate this challenging unplanned pregnancy decision.
Ready to get started? Contact an adoption agency now to get free information.