There Are Options Available to You
Facing an unplanned pregnancy in Illinois can be an overwhelming experience. You may feel stressed out and unsure of what your next steps are. Though everything may seem hopeless at the moment, we are here to assure you that there are options available to you. Here are three that you can choose from:
Even when you know your options, though, how do you know which one to choose? That’s where we come in. Although only you can know what is best for your situation, we can provide some information to help you determine the right path for you.
If you have some more questions about your unplanned pregnancy in Illinois, then you may want to talk with an adoption agency. You can contact us online today to be connected with a helpful professional.
In the meantime, continue reading to learn more about your options for unwanted pregnancy in Illinois.
Parenting for My Unplanned Pregnancy in Illinois
Even though you have an unplanned pregnancy in Illinois, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy. For instance, you could feel ready to become a parent right now. Remember that this is your decision and no one else’s, so if parenthood is the path for you, then you can make it happen.
But, maybe you aren’t quite as committed to the idea of parenting. In that case, here are some questions that you can ask yourself if you’re considering parenting as one of your alternative pregnancy options in Illinois:
- Can I afford to parent right now? There’s no doubt that parenting is expensive. If you can’t afford the steep price at the moment, then there is no shame in waiting until your situation is more financially stable. Raising a child is a pricey endeavor, and if you’d prefer to wait until later in life, then that is completely OK.
- What support system do I have in place? Although you can always be a single parent, be sure to consider loved ones in your life who would be able to help. Are there any family members or close friends who can provide support for you when you need them? What about the baby’s father? Will they help parent your child? If you’re considering parenting as one of your options for unplanned pregnancy in Illinois, then also think about your support system.
- Are there any life goals you have in mind? You may want to finish your high school or college education. Or, you want to move up the professional ladder and advance in your career. Whatever the case may be, factor in any life goals that you may have to put on hold while you raise your child.
Answering these questions can help you narrow down your options for pregnancy in Illinois. This can also help you feel more prepared for parenthood, too.
Adoption for My Unplanned Pregnancy in Illinois
Maybe you know that parenting and abortion are not for you, so you are wondering what to do when you have an unplanned pregnancy in Illinois. You can rest easy knowing that adoption is always an option. It is a selfless, brave and heroic decision made out of a profound love for your child, and that is beautiful. When you choose adoption, you are giving your child a life of love and opportunity.
If you’re considering adoption for your unplanned pregnancy, then one of your first steps is choosing an adoption agency to work with. This is also one of the most important parts of the adoption process because it can make a big difference between a smooth experience and a stressful one.
By working with a national adoption agency, you can even choose a family outside of Illinois if you wish. Here are a handful of adoption agencies you can choose from:
- American Adoptions
- Alliance for Children
- Bethany Christian Services
- Gladney Center for Adoption
- Lifetime Adoption
Some adoption agencies also offer free, 24/7 counseling for unplanned pregnancy help. As a prospective birth mother considering adoption, you may experience some complex emotions of adoption, such as grief, depression and confusion. These feelings are completely normal, and it could be helpful to get in touch with an unplanned pregnancy helpline, such as 1-800-ADOPTION, to process them alongside a trusted professional.
You can also gain some new extended family members when you choose the right adoptive family for your child. Many prospective birth mothers feel a sense of reassurance once they select their child’s adoptive parents. You’re helping them realize their dreams of parenthood, and they will be forever thankful for that.
Abortion for My Unplanned Pregnancy in Illinois
If you are wondering what to do with unplanned pregnancy in Illinois, then abortion is another option. Abortion isn’t right for everyone, but it could be the right path for you. But, there are still some things to take into account before committing to this option.
Abortion may or may not be available depending on how far along you are in your pregnancy. That’s why it could be a good idea to familiarize yourself with Illinois’ abortion laws before pursuing this path. If you are considering abortion for your unplanned pregnancy, then the Guttmacher Institute is a great resource to check out for more information.
There are also a couple of restrictions to be mindful of when it comes to abortion in Illinois.
- For minors, you’ll need to tell your parent about your abortion before you receive it.
- Also, an abortion may be performed at or after viability only if your life is endangered.
Be sure to speak with your doctor beforehand, too, so that they can address any potential health concerns. Consider these components if you feel that abortion is right for your unplanned pregnancy in Illinois.
If you have more questions about unplanned pregnancy in Illinois, then you can contact us online to be connected with an adoption agency.