How Adoption Works
3 Things to Do When Pregnant and Want to “Give a Baby Up” for Adoption
Adoption is a brave decision that comes from a place of love and care for your baby. You’re choosing to give your baby a chance at a better life that you may not be able to provide otherwise.
It’s important to remember that “giving up your baby” doesn’t mean you’re giving up on them. Rather, adoption gives your child a family that can provide the life you want for your baby. In this guide, you will find everything you need to know about adoption and three things to do when you’re pregnant and want to give your baby up for adoption.
If you have any questions about the adoption process, then you can fill out this form to get free adoption information now from an adoption professional.
Who Can Help Me Place My Baby up for Adoption?
When you’re faced with an unplanned pregnancy, you likely feel overwhelmed. Working with an adoption agency ensures you don’t have to go through this experience alone. The adoption professional you choose will be by your side every step of the way.
No matter which stage you’re at in your pregnancy, your adoption professional can answer any questions you might have when you’re pregnant and want to give your baby up for adoption. Below are some reputable adoption agencies you can contact to begin the adoption process:
How Can I “Give My Baby Up” for Adoption?
You probably have a lot of questions about the adoption process. That’s where adoption agencies come in. While your adoption professional will handle every aspect of the adoption process for you, it’s helpful to get a head start by learning how the adoption process works.
Learning about the adoption process will help you make informed decisions throughout your adoption journey. One thing to remember is that you’re in control of the entire process, and any assistance or services you receive from an adoption professional will be 100% free.
Below, we’ll walk you through the basics of what to do when you’re pregnant and want to give your baby up for adoption.
1. Consider Your Options
If you’re pregnant and want to give your baby up for adoption, then you generally have three options:
An unplanned pregnancy can be an intense, life-changing event no matter what you decide, but choosing adoption can make the entire experience the best it can be. Adoption is a selfless decision that will provide your baby with a life filled with opportunities and unconditional love.
You’re in control throughout the entire process, from choosing an adoptive family to deciding how open you want the adoption to be. The choice is always yours. Adoption can give you peace of mind knowing your child will be raised in a stable and loving home.
There are plenty of benefits to choosing adoption, such as:
- Free, 24/7 counseling to answer all your questions at any time of day . Your adoption professional will help you determine if adoption is right for you and your child so that you’re confident with your choice.
- Financial assistance to help you with any pregnancy-related expenses. When you’re pregnant and want to give your baby up for adoption, an adoption professional can help coordinate this assistance to make sure you receive the living expenses you’re entitled to.
- A variety of pre-screened adoptive families to give you peace of mind knowing each family has been screened with appropriate background checks. The adoption agency you work with will help you sort through adoptive family profiles so that you can find the perfect family for your baby.
- Contact mediation with adoptive parents to assist you when meeting with the adoptive family if you want.
- Post-placement support and counseling so that you get any post-adoption help you may need.
- And much more
2. Choose an Agency
One of the first things you need to do when you’re considering adoption is to get in touch with an adoption agency.
There are plenty of adoption professionals out there that can help you, and while some have great credentials, others may not be the best fit. The adoption agency you choose when you’re pregnant and want to give your baby up for adoption is important because it can make or break your entire adoption experience.
In general, there are two types of adoption agencies you can choose from:
- National adoption agencies: A national adoption agency is typically a well-known agency that is familiar with completing adoptions across the U.S. They know the laws of various states and can help facilitate out-of-state adoptions. These professionals have a wider reach, which results in more opportunities and resources to help you complete the process.
- Local adoption agencies: A local adoption agency will operate in your state or general area and are typically private organizations. Each agency has its own guidelines and smaller staffs. Local adoption agencies are only able to assist birth parents in the state they live in.
When you contact an adoption agency, make sure that you have an idea of what you’re looking for in an adoption professional and ask as many questions as you can. Make sure the agency is being transparent throughout the entire conversation, and choose the agency you think will be best for you and your baby.
3. Find a Family
When you’re pregnant and want to give your baby up for adoption, your adoption agency will help you find the perfect family for your baby. Finding the best family for your baby is important for the overall success of not just the adoption but the life of your baby, too.
Ultimately, you control what kind of adoptive family you want for your baby. You can be as specific as you like and can decide on a number of factors, such as:
- The kind of home environment you want for your baby
- Whether you prefer a family in a small town, suburb or city
- If you want your baby to have siblings or not
- Whether you want your baby to grow up in a family with religious beliefs
- And much more
Adoption agencies will have adoptive family profiles for you to look at, and you can filter families based on your preferences. Some of the best agencies will offer video profiles, giving you an inside look at the lives of the adoptive couple you choose.
When you’re pregnant and want to give your baby up for adoption, it is always an option for your unplanned pregnancy.
If you’re ready to begin the adoption process, then fill out this contact form to get more free information now. We’d love to help you start this beautiful journey today!
Ready to get started? Contact an adoption agency now to get free information.